SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's third-ranked squash player, England's James Willstrop , has joined the field of the 2013 NetSuite Open Squash Championships that will be played on the all-glass portable squash court on San Francisco's South Lawn of Justin Herman Plaza September 25-October 1, NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP) and omnichannel commerce software suites, and Event Engine jointly announced today.
With the addition of James Willstrop, the recent world number one player (2012), the NetSuite Open field boasts the current top three squash players in the world – two-time World Champion and No. 1 Ramy Ashour, No. 2 Gregory Gaultier and Willstrop.
"Having the top three players in the world coming to San Francisco shows that the NetSuite Open is fast becoming one of the major stops on the PSA (Professional Squash Association) Tour," said Evan Goldberg , NetSuite's co-founder, Chief Technology Officer and Chairman of the Board.
The 30-year-old British star recently won the final match of the 2013 Men's World Team Squash Championships to give England the title. Willstrop, 6-4, 200 pounds, was the top seed in last year's NetSuite Open but fell to Amr Shabana in the quarterfinals."I'm extremely excited about returning to San Francisco this year to participate in the 2013 NetSuite Open Squash Championships," said Willstrop. "It's great to have an event of this magnitude on the west coast and what better setting than this iconic outdoor venue overlooking the San Francisco Bay."
An acclaimed sports author, Willstrop owns a 301-107 record on the PSA tour with 17 championships. In fact, he has won five PSA tournaments and made 16 finals since 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV