TSYS Healthcare, a leader in multi-purse benefit card processing, recently introduced innovative and market-leading card functionality for Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), a key component of the consumer-directed healthcare (CDH) space. TSYS’ enhanced HRA functionality, coupled with technology-leading Web services capabilities, brings a complete, real-time HRA solution to the benefit market.
With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, employers and administrators must look for ways to provide new healthcare coverage options while reducing overall healthcare and administrative expenses. TSYS Healthcare's new HRA functionality accomplishes both of these objectives by providing debit card access to HRA plans and incorporating a TSYS Healthcare Partnership Model for revenue sharing.
“The true cost of HRA administration lies in the cumbersome process of claims submission and reimbursement. We can greatly reduce this cost and add value to your client offerings by implementing a card program for your HRA plans,” said Trey Jinks, group executive, TSYS Healthcare. “Additionally, TSYS Healthcare’s Partnership Model generates income for administrators from HRA and other benefit card activity to offset administrators’ seemingly ever-increasing costs. This helps turn what was once an administrative cost into an income-generating opportunity while providing the convenience of a healthcare debit card.”
Traditionally, benefits administrators have struggled to provide a debit card option to most HRA members due to the complex and customized nature of HRA plans. TSYS Healthcare realized this challenge and has developed a comprehensive solution that allows benefits administrators to provide debit card access to virtually all HRA plans.This enhanced functionality will allow benefits administrators to:
- Track out-of-pocket (OOP) expenses at an “individual” or “family” level while preventing access to HRA funds on the debit card until the OOP amount has been satisfied.
- Track HRA utilization at an “individual” or “family” level as needed, or after the OOP amount has been satisfied.
- Define authorization rules at allowable locations for:
- Fixed dollar-amount transactions, such as co-pays (Ex: $5, $15, $30)
- Transactions that fall within a certain dollar range (Ex: Min. $1 - Max. $50)
- Percentage authorizations from 0-100%
- Authorize transactions at varying percentages based on tier level (i.e. First tier pays $0 to $500 at 50%; Second tier pays $501 to $2,500 at 80%)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts