CHAMPAIGN, Ill., July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seven college students pursuing agricultural degrees have been named as recipients of Murray Wise Associates Foundation scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year.
"We are delighted to help yet another class of recipients, who were selected from a strong field of candidates from around the country," said Murray Wise. "Each year, some recipients graduate and we have the opportunity to help train future agriculture leaders. The most rewarding part for me is getting to know and feel like a participant in the careers of these fine young people."
Newly named Murray Wise Associates Foundation Scholars are:
- Thomas Larson, sophomore, University of Wisconsin/Madison, Ag Engineering
- Jonathan Jahnke, freshman, University of Nebraska/Lincoln, Mechanized Systems/Ag Economics
- Nathan Eick, freshman, Iowa State University, Agricultural Engineering
- Kaci Schroer, freshman, Texas Tech University, Ag Education
- Kathryn Osborne, freshman, Wake Forest University, Biology/Pre-Vet Med
- Nicole Wallenhorst, junior, University of Wisconsin/Platteville, Animal Science/Dairy
- Amanda Reynolds, freshman, University of Idaho, Crop Sciences/Agribusiness
The newly named scholars bring the total number of agriculture students receiving Murray Wise Associates Foundation scholarships to 17.Applicants are selected based on academic credentials, including class rank, grade point average and test scores. Demonstrated leadership qualities, especially in agriculture and community-based extracurricular activities, will also be considered. For more information: Carl Carter, 205-823-3273 SOURCE Murray Wise Associates