) is making it easier for members affected by Tropical Storm Flossie in Hawaii and flooding in North Carolina to refill prescriptions and access employee assistance, student assistance and behavioral health programs. The company is also extending claim and appeal filing times, and helping members who have evacuated find care outside their home areas, among other steps.
“Our thoughts are with the people affected by the devastating weather-related events in Hawaii and North Carolina,” said Mark T. Bertolini, Aetna chairman, CEO and president. “Our members are of the utmost concern to us and we are committed to helping them get the care and medications they need, understanding that many may have evacuated from their homes and are unable to use their usual physicians, pharmacies and hospitals.”
Aetna Behavioral Health has opened its Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources to all Aetna plan sponsors during these times of need. Aetna’s EAP professionals, who have experience dealing with traumatic events, are available to help. Aetna members can contact Aetna EAP 24/7 for telephonic consultation, referrals or general information such as areas affected by a disaster, available shelters and government resources.
The number to call for EAP is
and the number to call for the Student Assistance Program is
. Individuals and families may also want to reference the following materials.
In addition, Aetna members and health care providers affected by the disasters who need care or other assistance can reach the company at the following toll-free numbers.
* Replacement ID cards and access to a Personal Health Record (PHR) can be found on Aetna Navigator™:
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-443-AETNA (1-800-443-2386).
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-888-RX AETNA (1-888-792-3862)
- Aetna Employee Assistance Program: 1-888-AETNA-EAP (1-888-238-6232)
- Aetna Student Assistance Program: 1-877-351-7889
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers: - Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-AETNA (1-888-632-3862) - HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756
Affected Aetna members may refill their prescriptions early, as needed, or refill a prescription that may have been lost, damaged or destroyed. Those who use Aetna’s mail-order pharmacy can receive a prescription at an alternate delivery location.