Fairfax Provides American Safety With Waiver Under Merger Agreement
American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ASI) announced that Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) has provided American Safety with a waiver of certain provisions under the merger agreement between the companies. The waiver will enable American Safety’s Board of Directors to provide, consistent with its fiduciary duty, Catalina Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd. access to certain non-public information relating to American Safety, and to engage in discussions and negotiations with Catalina regarding its proposal to acquire American Safety.
For over 25 years, American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd.
(NYSE:ASI), a Bermuda holding company, has
solutions outside the U.S. in the reinsurance and alternative risk
markets through its subsidiaries, American Safety Reinsurance, Ltd. and
American Safety Assurance, Ltd., and in the U.S. for specialty risks and
alternative risk markets through its program administrator, American
Safety Insurance Services, Inc., and insurance company subsidiaries and
affiliates, American Safety Casualty Insurance Company, American Safety
Indemnity Company, and American Safety Risk Retention Group, Inc.
a group, ASI’s insurance subsidiaries and affiliates are rated “A”
(Excellent) IX by A.M. Best. For additional information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV