Mannatech, Incorporated (NASDAQ: MTEX), a leading developer and provider of nutritional supplements and skin care products based on Real Food Technology® solutions, today reported a net income of $0.8 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, for the second quarter ending June 30, 2013, as compared to a net loss of $2.5 million, or $0.93 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2012. Net sales for the second quarter of 2013 were $44.8 million, an increase of 2.7% as compared to $43.6 million in the second quarter of 2012.
Net sales for North America declined 6.6% to $21.3 million as compared to $22.8 million in the second quarter of 2012. This decline in revenue was primarily due to a decrease in the revenue generated per active associate and member.
Net sales for Asia/Pacific increased 17.1% to $19.9 million as compared to $17.0 million in the second quarter 2012 due to an increase in the number of active associates. This increase in revenue was due to an increase in the number of active associates and members and an increase in the revenue generated per active associate and member.
Net sales for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) declined 5.2% to $3.6 million as compared to $3.8 million in the second quarter of 2012. This decline was due to the unfavorable impact on net sales of fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates.Recruiting increased 31.2% in the second quarter 2013 as compared to the second quarter of 2012. The number of new independent associates and members for the second quarter of 2013 was approximately 36,200, as compared to 27,600 in 2012. The total number of independent associates and members based on a 12-month trailing period was approximately 240,000 as of June 30, 2013, as compared to 230,000 as of June 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV