QlikTech, (NASDAQ: QLIK) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced that its customer, The Shift Project, a think tank centered on climate change and energy issues, has launched a new version of its TSP-Data-Portal ( http://www.tsp-data-portal.org/) that provides immediate and free access to a wide range of global energy and climate data and statistics. The TSP-Data-Portal is made possible through QlikTech’s “Change Their World” Grant Program and provides anyone – including researchers, journalists, and the academic community – access to historical statistics by country, energy supply forecast scenarios, as well as consistency control tools for oil supplies.
Today, the TSP-Data-Portal is a one-stop-shop that gives access to historical statistics that include:
• Primary energy production statistics by energy type and country since 1900;
• Primary consumption and energy balances of countries (imports-exports);• Electricity generation and installed power capacity for different energy sources; and • Greenhouse gas emissions by country, GHG type, and sectors. The portal also contains energy supply forecast scenarios as well as consistency control tools for oil supplies, which enables users to compare production scenarios against oil ultimate recoverable reserves. The portal currently contains 30 datasets and another 20 will be added over the coming months. This data can be sorted, compared and classified by country, year or future energy scenario, with just a few clicks. In addition, the site contains many sharing functions, making it very simple to publish graphs on other blogs, websites, and social networks. Finally, users are invited to make their contribution to the portal by creating new data sets, making the portal a truly collaborative tool. The Shift Project is a grant recipient of the QlikTech “Change Their World” Program, a global corporate social responsibility platform which focuses on delivering the information that global healthcare, environmental, and humanitarian organizations need to ensure the efficacy and efficiency of their programs. With this grant, The Shift Project can now extract and combine data from different sources and generate graphs containing multi-dimensional data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV