In an effort to strengthen their capability in real time storytelling, production and content creation on brands’ owned channels, IPG Mediabrands announced today the formation of Mediabrands Publishing to be headed by Mark Himmelsbach and Teddy Lynn from BBDO. Both will report directly to Jacki Kelley, CEO, IPG Mediabrands North America and will be based in the New York IPG Mediabrands headquarters.
Mark Himmelsbach (Photo: Business Wire)
Together, Himmelsbach and Lynn will helm the new division to help brands define, redefine or cultivate their own media channels and then produce creative assets with which to program them. These owned entities include retail, packaging, events, websites and any digital presence that exists on behalf of the brand itself. They will work with all client teams at each agency within IPG Mediabrands to: build the platforms to host always-on content that sustains interest in the brand; generate the programs that deliver periodic content that has a defined start and stop date and; create pulses – real-time or fast-twitch content that takes advantage of news, business or cultural events.
Teddy Lynn will serve as Chief Creative Officer of Mediabrands Publishing. Known as one of the industry’s best storytellers, Lynn rejoins IPG Mediabrands from BBDO where he was focused on creating original content for clients. The most recent example is @SummerBreak, the successful real-time reality series that is currently playing out across Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram. Lynn co-created the series in partnership with AT&T and The Chernin Group.
“The idea of brands acting as publishers as a way to engage their consumers isn’t new, but there are few if any people actually helping them do it. In this new world, where speed and storytelling will win, IPG Mediabrands is delighted to welcome Teddy back – he’s a creative at heart with media experience and Hollywood roots,” said Kelley.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV