Technology to Enable New-Generation Mobile Access to Cloud-Based Services and Rich Media Content
Dramatically Improving Quality of Experience for Smartphone Users and Significantly Reducing Backhaul Bandwidth Requirements for Mobile Operators
BEIJING, July 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ChinaCache International Holdings Ltd. ("ChinaCache" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:CCIH), the leading total solutions provider of Internet content and application delivery services in China, and Altobridge Ltd. of Ireland ("Altobridge"), a leading provider of data optimization technology for wireless networks, today announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership aimed at delivering new, ground-breaking multi-layered technology solutions for mobile Internet content delivery. These solutions include the ability to cache content at the macro base station, small cells and on mobile handsets.Access to rich media and cloud-based services is shifting from traditional personal computers connected to fixed lines, to new-generation mobile devices connected to mobile networks. For this transition to work effectively, content needs to be moved more logically across networks. The strategic partnership between ChinaCache and Altobridge will deliver a new approach to content distribution named mCaN™: mobile Content-aware Networks. mCaN™ brings together the industry leading expertise and solutions of ChinaCache particularly in the area of CDN (Content Delivery Networks) and the expertise and solutions of Altobridge in the area of content caching across multiple layers of wireless networks. The underlying principles of mCaN™ are:
1. Data, most notably rich media content and data relevant to particular end-users, is pushed to and is available close to end-users; 2. The caching of content is application-based. Each application has a logical position on each layer of the wireless network; 3. Data, transmitted across a link, is never transmitted more than once; 4. Delivery of access to streaming video and TV-based content is optimized and as efficient as possible.The result is a dramatic improvement in Quality of Experience (QoE) for end users, which will underwrite the successful transition to full mobility. There will also be a measurable reduction in transmission costs and a reduction in capital expenditure for mobile network operators. The companies have also agreed to cooperate commercially by introducing each other's broader portfolio of products, services and solutions to their partners and customers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts