Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) today reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Comcast Corporation, said, “We are pleased with our results this quarter. Cable had outstanding growth, particularly in high-speed Internet, and NBCUniversal had strong performance across all of its businesses. Our focus on delivering innovative products and a superior customer experience is driving our success, including stronger video, voice and business services results in cable. NBCUniversal has real momentum, with solid growth in revenue and double-digit cash flow growth. We have a fantastic combination of cable and content businesses with many opportunities ahead.”
|Consolidated Financial Results|
|2nd Quarter||Year to Date|
|($ in millions)||2012||2013||Growth||2012||2013||Growth|
|Operating Cash Flow (OCF) 1||$||5,004||$||5,425||8.4||%||$||9,692||$||10,459||7.9||%|
|Earnings per Share 2||$||0.50||$||0.65||30.0||%||$||0.94||$||1.19||26.6||%|
|Free Cash Flow 3||$||1,554||$||1,948||25.4||%||$||4,593||$||5,086||10.7||%|
For additional detail on segment revenue and expenses, customer metrics, capital expenditures, and free cash flow, please refer to the trending schedules on Comcast’s Investor Relations website at www.cmcsa.com or www.cmcsk.com.
Revenue for the second quarter of 2013 increased 7.0% to $16.3 billion. Operating Cash Flow increased 8.4% to $5.4 billion and Operating Income increased 11.6% to $3.4 billion.For the six months ended June 30, 2013, revenue increased 5.0% to $31.6 billion. Excluding $259 million of revenue generated by the NFL’s Super Bowl in the first quarter of 2012, revenue increased 5.9% (see Table 5). Operating cash flow increased 7.9% to $10.5 billion and operating income increased 11.4% to $6.5 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV