SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today data integration capabilities between a variety of its planning, estimating and management software applications. The new capabilities are designed to boost the ease, accuracy and transparency of conceptual or detailed time- and cost-modeling estimates for general contractors and capital construction project owners. At their core, the five new software versions within Trimble's extensive Trimble Buildings' Design-Build-Operate (DBO) portfolio provide a synchronized way to plan, track, and capture cost and work parameters before, during and after construction projects.
Now available, the new software versions include:
- WinEst 15.0 -- database-driven software that uses a highly flexible spreadsheet for creating, adjusting and presenting cost estimates.
- Modelogix 3.2 – software for collecting and analyzing past-project data and generating comprehensive cost models for future projects.
- Prolog 9.6.1 – project-management and cost-control software for general contractors (GCs) and construction managers, streamlining project workflows and providing access to information from anywhere.
- Proliance 5.5 Office Application Pack – Microsoft Office extensions for Proliance software, combining capital planning and program and project management capabilities.
- Vico Office 4.2 – virtual construction software, augmenting 3D models with constructability analysis and coordination, location-based quantity takeoff, 4D (time) scheduling and production control, and 5D (cost) estimating.
"With cost and productivity pressures facing the construction industry today, the ability to generate accurate estimates is vital—as is the need to integrate 3D models to time and cost," said Mark Sawyer, general manager of Trimble Buildings' General Contractor Division. "The updates to a variety of the core solutions in our DBO portfolio can help keep projects on track, on schedule, and within budget."
Integrated Planning and Budget Cycle Fosters More Accurate Project EstimatesAt the earliest planning stage, when an owner proposes a new project and asks for a feasibility budget, the GC can use Modelogix to create a new project, and then push the cost model from Modelogix to WinEst to create a detailed estimate. Once the GC has been awarded the project, the WinEst estimate can be moved to Prolog as the official project budget for tracking and reconciliation of costs throughout the project lifecycle. At the project's close, the reconciled budget can be sent back to Modelogix so that completed project data can be used to generate accurate parameter-driven cost models for future projects of similar scope. This "integrated cycle" can repeat with increasing accuracy over time and across projects as more types of estimates and budgets are created.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV