8. -- Activist investor William Ackman is set to announce Wednesday his firm's largest-ever investment, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Ackman's firm, Pershing Square Capital Management, is investing more than $2 billion in a U.S.-based industrial company, people familiar with the matter told the newspaper. The identity of the company remained unclear Tuesday.
The investment will represent nearly 10% of the company, which has a market capitalization of more than $20 billion, the people told the Journal.
9. -- Accenture (ACN), the consulting company, is in talks to acquire smaller rival Booz & Co., people familiar with the matter told the Journal. Booz employs about 3,000 people and had revenue of about $1.4 billion in 2012.
10. -- Facebook (FB - Get Report) shares rose 6.2% on Tuesday to close at $37.61, within pennies of its initial public offering price of $38 price in May 2012. The stock of the social networking giant rose as high as $37.96 in trading Tuesday afternoon. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts