SAN DIEGO and TAMPA, Fla., July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights attorneys at Robbins Arroyo LLP announce that a shareholder of Walter Investment Management, Corp. (NYSE: WAC) ("Walter Investment") has filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. The complaint alleges that the company and certain of its officers and directors violated the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 between May 9, 2012 and June 6, 2013 (the "Class Period").
Walter Investment Accused of Making False and Misleading Statements
According to the complaint, Walter Investment made false and/or misleading statements regarding the integrity of its financial reporting, including the reporting of expenses associated with certain financing transactions, and the liabilities of its recent acquisition of Reverse Mortgage Solutions ("RMS"). Specifically, the complaint alleges that the company and certain officers and directors failed to disclose that: (i) the company lacked adequate and effective internal controls over financial accounting; (ii) the company issued financial statements that were false and misleading; (iii) there were material weaknesses in the internal controls of RMS, and; (iv) the company had overstated the value of its acquisition of RMS. As a result of these false and misleading statements and omissions, Walter Investment shares traded at artificially inflated prices during the Class Period.
Walter Investment's Stock Price Drops on News of Inadequate Financial Reporting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV