SANTA ROSA, Calif., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Summit State Bank (Nasdaq:SSBI) today announced the election of directors. The following were elected directors: Jeffrey B. Allen, James E. Baxter II, James E. Brush, Josh C. Cox, Jr., John F. DeMeo, Michael J. Donovan, Richard A. Dorr, Thomas M. Duryea, Todd R. Fry, Allan J. Hemphill, Samuel G. Kapourales, Ronald A. Metcalfe, Richard E. Pope, Nicholas J. Rado, Marshall T. Reynolds, and Eugene W. Traverso. Allan Hemphill has been elected as the Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Allen, Mr. Kapourales and Mr. Pope are new to the Board as directors. Mr. Allen and Mr. Pope were nominated at the annual meeting of shareholders by a shareholder. Mr. Cox was appointed to the Board as a director after the shareholders approved a proposal to increase the Board to sixteen members.
About Summit State BankSummit State Bank has total assets of $432 million and total equity of $61 million at June 30, 2013. Headquartered in Sonoma County, the Bank provides diverse financial products and services throughout Sonoma, Napa, San Francisco, and Marin Counties. Summit State Bank received the 2012 Community Bank Award from the American Bankers Association for its nonprofit work. In addition, Summit has been recognized as one of the Top 75 Corporate Philanthropists in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times, with the Gold Medal award for Best Business Bank from the Northbay Biz Magazine, and as one of the North Bay's Best Places to Work by the North Bay Business Journal. Summit has also been consistently recognized as a high performing bank by Findley Reports. Summit State Bank's stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol SSBI. Further information can be found at www.summitstatebank.com . Forward-looking Statements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV