- Total revenues were $175.1 million
- Adjusted EBITDA was $45.9 million
- Operating income was $20.1 million
- Net income attributable to ATN's stockholders was $8.9 million, or $0.56 per diluted share
BEVERLY, Mass., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATNI) today reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
"Second quarter results reflected trends similar to those of the first quarter," said Michael Prior, Atlantic Tele-Network's Chief Executive Officer. "We achieved solid year-over-year increases in revenues and operating profitability in our legacy domestic wholesale wireless business, primarily driven by higher data volumes and certain shorter-term service revenues, which have more than offset the impact of the sale of our Midwest spectrum late in 2012. Second quarter results also benefited from stronger performance across all of our Island Wireless operations, where we have continued to grow our subscriber base and control costs. Wireline revenues were slightly below last year's second quarter as our domestic wireline business helped offset lower international long-distance revenue."We continue to expect the closing of our Alltel sale transaction to occur in the second half of this year, pending receipt of the necessary regulatory approvals. Second quarter operating trends in this business were consistent with those of the prior quarter, with revenue comparisons reflecting the impact of attrition in the postpaid customer base and significant declines in wholesale revenues within these markets." Total revenues for the second quarter were $175.1 million, 5% below the $185.5 million reported for the second quarter of 2012. The year-over-year decrease resulted from lower U.S. wireless revenues in both the wholesale and retail lines of our Alltel business, as reported in the Company's U.S. Wireless segment, partially offset by higher revenues in our legacy U.S. wholesale wireless business, higher international wireless revenues and equipment sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV