- Second quarter 2013 same-store revenues and net operating income (NOI) increased 4.7% and 7.1%, respectively, compared to the second quarter 2012. During the quarter, physical occupancy averaged 95.0%; annualized turnover was 64.5%; and average revenue per occupied home was $1,694.
- Core FFO results of $0.63 per share for the second quarter compared to the previously provided Company guidance of $0.56 to $0.60 per share reflect: (1) solid same-store revenue growth; (2) a reduced level of same-store operating expenses (including a lower level of repairs and maintenance expense and the benefit of $1.0 million in same-store real estate tax refunds); (3) timing on certain G&A expenses (primarily legal related costs); and (4) the timing of community dispositions which closed in late June.
- As previously reported, during the second quarter, BRE completed the sale of a wholly owned apartment community in Los Angeles, California for net proceeds of $46.8 million and the sale of an apartment community in Phoenix, Arizona in which the Company owned a 15% interest. Total net proceeds to BRE for the joint venture interest sale were $6.0 million.
- The Company completed construction of Aviara, a 166-home community located on Mercer Island in Seattle, Washington.
- Annual same-store guidance updated with the expectation that 2013 same-store revenues will increase in a range of 4.25% to 4.75% from 2012 levels, same-store expense will increase in a range of 1.75% to 2.50%, and same-store NOI will increase in a range of 5.0% to 6.0%.
- 2013 Core FFO guidance updated to $2.44 to $2.50 per share. Third quarter guidance announced in a range of $0.62 to $0.65 per share.
BRE Properties Reports Second Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts