FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OptimumBank Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPHC), the parent company of OptimumBank ("Company"), announced today a net loss for the second quarter ending June 30, 2013 of approximately $(2.3) million, or $(.29) per basic share, as compared to a net loss for the same period last year of approximately $(0.8) million, or $(.12) per basic share adjusted for the reverse stock split.
A large portion of the net loss for the 2013 second quarter was a $1.4 million write-down resulting from a lower current valuation concerning one problem loan relationship and three OREO properties. Chairman Moishe Gubin said, "We continue to make progress addressing our legacy issues and sold 17 out of 24, or 71% of our OREO properties during the second quarter." Chairman Gubin also commented that core performance continues to improve with the net interest margin increasing from 1.88% in June 2012 to 2.90% in June 2013. As of the end of the quarter, the loan origination pipeline was $7.5 million.
The Company reduced non-performing assets by approximately 30.9% or $9.5 million to a total of $22.3 million compared to June 30, 2012. Chairman Gubin noted, "We continue to reduce non-performing assets. Our performing loan balance has increased by $6.6 million since June 2012."The Company's capital ratios are below its regulatory capital requirements at June 30, 2013, with a tier one leverage capital ratio of 5.70% and a total risk-based capital ratio of 8.36%. OptimumBank Holdings, Inc. and OptimumBank expect to raise additional capital during 2013 with a $2.7 million investment from Chairman Gubin, subject to regulatory approval. The Company offers a wide array of lending and retail banking products to individuals and businesses in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties through its executive offices and three branch offices in Broward County, Florida.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV