IRVINE, Calif., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Endologix, Inc. (Nasdaq:ELGX), developer and marketer of innovative treatments for aortic disorders, today announced financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2013.
John McDermott, Endologix President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "Our second quarter revenue was in-line with preliminary results released earlier this month. We continue to generate positive momentum globally with our AFX® Endovascular AAA System, which was supported by the launch of our U.S. PEVAR training program during the quarter. There has been strong interest in PEVAR from current and new physician customers, who will continue to be trained throughout the year. In Europe, our controlled market release of the Nellix® EndoVascular Aneurysm Sealing System is tracking to plan, providing us an excellent opportunity to further enhance the procedure and training ahead of a broader commercial launch anticipated in 2014."
Financial ResultsGlobal revenue in the second quarter of 2013 was $34.0 million, a 33% increase from $25.5 million in the second quarter of 2012. For the six months ended June 30, 2013, global revenue increased 27% to $63.7 million, compared to $50.0 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012. U.S. revenue in the second quarter of 2013 was $26.4 million, a 23% increase compared with $21.4 million in the second quarter of 2012. The increase was driven by continued adoption of the AFX system and by productivity gains from prior period expansion of the U.S. sales force including the addition of clinical specialists who provide field support to sales representatives. International revenue was $7.6 million, an 81% increase compared to $4.2 million in the second quarter of 2012. The international sales increase is primarily attributable to strong procedural growth and to the transition to a direct sales organization in Europe, which began in September 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV