Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with Integrated Clark Monroe, LLC for Hyatt Chicago The Loop, a hotel to be located at 100 West Monroe Street in Chicago’s central business district. The project will be developed by Integrated Clark Monroe, which is led by John T. Murphy. Construction is expected to commence in late 2013, and Hyatt Chicago The Loop is slated to open in 2015.
“Chicago is a world-class city and key business and leisure destination, and while we have Hyatt-branded hotels throughout the city, Hyatt Chicago The Loop will add a wonderful new option for travelers visiting the heart of the city’s business and financial district,” said Mark Chase, vice president, real estate and development for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
“This is a very special hotel for Chicago,” said John T. Murphy, managing principal of Integrated Clark Monroe. “Its location and amenities will serve both business travelers and families that desire the authentic hospitality for which Hyatt is known around the world.”
Located at the northwest corner of South Clark Street and West Monroe Street, Hyatt Chicago The Loop is being developed as an adaptive reuse of a former 22-story office building. The hotel will be an ideal base for business and leisure travelers visiting the Loop, as it will offer convenient access to many national and regional companies, including Hyatt’s corporate headquarters, as well as many cultural attractions, including the Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park and Grant Park.Hyatt Chicago The Loop will offer 257 guestrooms, including 38 suites, in addition to a three-meal restaurant and bar, a rooftop bar and lounge, a coffee and sundries outlet, and a fitness center. With eight meeting rooms totaling more than 5,000 square feet, the hotel will provide business travelers with accessible spaces for meetings and events.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV