- First quarter revenue of $28.7 million increased 14.4% over the prior-year period
- Service revenue increased 34.4% in the quarter and was driven by both organic and acquired growth; Service segment contribution margin expanded 93.5%
- Distribution sales increased 3.7% in the first quarter; Distribution segment contribution margin improved 1.9%
- First quarter operating income, net income and EPS all nearly doubled compared with the prior year, driven by strong growth in Service segment operating income
ROCHESTER, N.Y., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transcat, Inc. (Nasdaq:TRNS) ("Transcat" or the "Company"), a leading provider of accredited calibration, repair, inspection and compliance services and distributor of professional grade handheld test, measurement and control instrumentation, today reported financial results for its fiscal 2014 first quarter ended June 29, 2013. Included in the reported results were those of Anacor Compliance Services, Inc., acquired on July 16, 2012, and Cal-Matrix Metrology Inc., acquired on January 25, 2013.
Fiscal 2014 first quarter total revenue increased 14.4% to $28.7 million from $25.1 million in the first quarter of the prior fiscal year, driven by Service segment revenue growth of 34.4%. Distribution segment sales increased 3.7% from the prior fiscal year period.
Operating income doubled to $1.2 million, or 4.0% of revenue, in the first quarter of fiscal 2014 compared with $0.6 million, or 2.4% of revenue, in the prior fiscal year period, with operating margin improving 160 basis points. Total operating expenses increased 8.0% in the first quarter of fiscal 2014, primarily due to sales and marketing investments in the Service segment, incremental costs from recent acquisitions and year-over-year changes in performance-based compensation.Net income was $0.7 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2014, compared with $0.4 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV