Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR), a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, technology, financial services, retail, and media and advertising sectors, today announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 and updated its guidance for 2013.
Results for Second Quarter 2013 Compared to Second Quarter 2012
Non-GAAP Results for Second Quarter 2013 Compared to Second Quarter 2012
- Revenue increased 7% to $220.4 million
- Non-NPAC revenue increased 7% to $111.0 million
- Net income increased 12% to $43.4 million
- Net income per share increased 14% to $0.65
- Adjusted net income increased 11% to $56.9 million, representing a 26% margin
- Adjusted net income per share increased 13% to $0.85
“We continue to execute on our strategy to become a leading provider of real-time information and analytics,” said Lisa Hook, Neustar's president and chief executive officer. “As we enhance our capabilities and infrastructure and build strategic partnerships, we are increasingly well positioned to deliver high-value workflow solutions to our clients and strong results for our shareholders.”
Paul Lalljie, Neustar's chief financial officer, added, “Our second quarter results were strengthened by the acceleration of a portion of the transaction-based revenue originally anticipated in the second half of the year. In total, we are on track to achieve our full-year revenue guidance. In addition, our continued focus on making discreet investments while maintaining tight control of operating expense allows us to raise our adjusted net income and net income per share guidance for the year.”
Discussion of Second Quarter Results
Consolidated revenue totaled $220.4 million, a 7% increase from $206.5 million in the second quarter of 2012. In particular:
- Carrier Services revenue totaled $134.7 million, a 7% increase from $126.3 million in 2012. This increase was primarily due to a $7.4 million increase in NPAC Services revenue and a $2.9 million increase in Order Management Services revenue;
- Enterprise Services revenue totaled $43.8 million, a 4% increase from $42.1 million in 2012. This increase was primarily due to higher revenue in Internet Infrastructure Services; and
- Information Services revenue totaled $41.8 million, a 10% increase from $38.0 million in 2012. This increase was primarily due to higher revenue in Verification & Analytics Services.
Operating expense totaled $145.6 million, a 5% increase from $138.1 million in the second quarter of 2012. This increase was primarily due to additional personnel and personnel-related expense to support the expansion of the company's operations, including increased stock-based compensation expense of $2.0 million driven by performance-based equity that was granted to a broader employee base.