Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the application performance company, today reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2013 (Q2’13).
GAAP revenue for Q2’13 was $250 million, compared to $198 million in the second quarter of 2012 (Q2’12), representing 26% year-over-year growth. GAAP net loss for Q2'13 was $16.5 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, compared to GAAP net income of $18.1 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, in Q2’12.
Non-GAAP revenue for Q2’13 was $255 million, an increase of 28% compared to $199 million in Q2’12. Non-GAAP net income for Q2’13 was $36.6 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $37.3 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, in Q2’12.
“Total non-GAAP revenue increased twenty-eight percent year-over-year, with growth across all major product lines, geographies, and verticals,” said Jerry M. Kennelly, chairman and CEO. “Riverbed’s core revenue, excluding OPNET, grew 7% sequentially to $215 million in the second quarter. Non-GAAP revenue from the acquired OPNET products was $40 million, as we still have work to do integrating the two companies,” continued Kennelly. “Our market expanding products outside of WAN optimization and OPNET grew almost 50% compared to last year, and we believe our multi-product strategy to deliver unmatched application performance will allow us to accelerate the company’s revenue growth.”Q2’13 Business Highlights
- Positioned by Gartner as the only vendor in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2013 “Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers” authored by Joe Skorupa, Mark Fabbi, Bjarne Munch and published in April 2013
- Completed EMC E-Lab qualification of Riverbed® Granite® with EMC VNX®
- Riverbed OPNET AppInternals Xpert® introduced big data techniques to application performance management (APM) through its Transaction Trace Warehouse that records all application transactions across multiple application tiers making it fast and easy to find a single problematic transaction
- Named a "Value Leader" by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q1 2013. The Riverbed Performance Management solution achieved the highest aggregate score in total ANPM functionality for its integrated, scalable and proactive application and network performance monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting solutions.
- Introduced new application delivery as a service (ADCaaS) with the Riverbed Stingray® Services Controller making possible an “ADC per application” deployment model that directly addresses the evolving application and data center architectures, workflows, and operations models that call for a next generation ADC architecture
- Stingray Traffic Manager 9.1 achieved Oracle Validated Integration with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1
- Announced virtual performance solutions support on Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and Hyper-V Server 2012 for Stingray Traffic Manager and Virtual Steelhead
- Riverbed Partner Network awarded a 5-Star Partner rating within CRN’s 2013 Partner Program Guide and was also recognized as a 2013 Channel Champion in the wide area network Optimization/WAN Acceleration category
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV