Spartan Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPTN), a leading regional grocery distributor and retailer, today announced voting results from its 2013 Annual Shareholders Meeting, held earlier today in Grand Rapids, Michigan. A total of 89.3 percent of all shares of Common Stock were represented in person or by proxy at the Annual Meeting and all motions put forward by the Company were passed.
Shareholders re-elected eight directors to the Board of Directors for one-year terms expiring at the 2014 annual meeting. In the Company’s “say on pay” advisory vote, shareholders approved the compensation of the Company’s named executive officers. In addition, shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company’s independent auditors for fiscal 2014.
About Spartan Stores
Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Spartan Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPTN) is the
nation’s ninth largest grocery distributor with 1.4 million square feet
of warehouse, distribution, and office space located in Grand Rapids,
Michigan. The Company distributes more than 40,000 private and national
brand products to approximately 390 independent grocery locations in
Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and to the Company’s 102 corporate owned
stores located in Michigan, including Family Fare Supermarkets, Glen’s
Markets, D&W Fresh Markets, VG’s Food and Pharmacy, Forest Hills Foods
and Valu Land.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV