Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV) today reported financial results for its second quarter of 2013.
Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2013 GAAP Results Second quarter revenue totaled $92.5 million, compared to $90.8 million during the same period in 2012. This result exceeded management’s second quarter revenue guidance of $89 to $92 million.
Second quarter GAAP net loss was $0.9 million or a net loss of $0.03 per share, which compared to GAAP net income of $0.2 million or $0.01 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2012. These results were improved by a realized gain from the sale of an investment and exceeded management’s second quarter GAAP guidance, which ranged from a net loss of $0.31 to a net loss of $0.27 per share.
Non-GAAP Results Second quarter non-GAAP net income was $1.4 million or $0.04 per diluted share, compared to $6.9 million, or $0.20 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2012. These results were in line with management’s second quarter non-GAAP earnings guidance, which ranged from $0.01 to $0.04 per diluted share.“We reported solid financial results in the second quarter, exceeding revenue expectations and delivering earnings at the high end of our guidance range. Our payments revenue continues to be a major contributor to our top line growth,” said David Dobson, Digital River’s CEO. “In addition, we made good progress on our strategic transformation, advancing toward an open API-driven commerce-as-a-service, expanding our partner ecosystem and preparing for the launch of a state-of-the-art data center to better serve our global customers. Our transformation is on track, and increasing the value we deliver for our customers and shareholders remains our top priority.” During the second quarter, the company repurchased approximately $20.1 million of common stock and $4.0 million of its two percent convertible notes. All transactions took place in the open market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV