Ultimate Software (Nasdaq: ULTI), a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, announced today its financial results for the second quarter of 2013. For the quarter ended June 30, 2013, Ultimate reported recurring revenues of $80.8 million, a 25% increase, and total revenues of $97.5 million, a 23% increase, both compared with 2012’s second quarter. GAAP net income for the second quarter of 2013 was $4.9 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, versus GAAP net income of $2.7 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2012.
Non-GAAP net income, which excludes stock-based compensation, was $9.7 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2013, compared with non-GAAP net income of $5.9 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2012. See “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information” below.
“Our second quarter revenue results were in line with our expectations and our 2013 goals, and our operating margin once again exceeded our expectations,” said Scott Scherr, founder, president, and CEO of Ultimate. “In June, Ultimate celebrated 15 years as a public company. Over the past 15 years, we have grown from a little over 300 employees to 1,735 at the close of this year’s second quarter. Today we support more than 2,500 businesses whose operations span 144 countries.
“Ultimate pioneered our industry’s move to the cloud in 2002 by delivering the first HR/payroll software solution on a SaaS basis. Today we continue to lead the human capital management industry providing a full-scope, strategic suite of HR, payroll, time, and talent management solutions.”Ultimate’s financial results teleconference will be held today, July 30, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, through Vcall at www.investorcalendar.com/IC/CEPage.asp?ID=170359. The call will be available for replay at the same address beginning at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time today. Windows Media Player software is required to listen to the call and can be downloaded from the site. Forward-looking information about future company performance will be discussed during the teleconference call. Financial Highlights
- Recurring revenues grew by 25% for the second quarter of 2013 compared with 2012’s second quarter. The increase was primarily attributable to revenue growth from our cloud offering. Recurring revenues for the second quarter of 2013 were 83% of total revenues as compared with 82% of total revenues for 2012’s second quarter.
- Ultimate’s total revenues for the second quarter of 2013 increased by 23% compared with those for the second quarter of 2012.
- Our operating income increased 64%, on a non-GAAP basis, for the second quarter of 2013 to $16.8 million as compared with $10.3 million for the same period of 2012. Our non-GAAP operating margin was 17.2% for the second quarter of 2013 versus 13.0% for the second quarter of 2012.
- Ultimate’s annualized retention rate exceeded 96% for its existing recurring revenue customer base as of June 30, 2013.
- The combination of cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities was $91.1 million as of June 30, 2013, compared with $69.4 million as of December 31, 2012. Cash flows from operating activities for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, were $14.4 million, compared with $8.3 million for the same period of 2012. For the six months ended June 30, 2013, Ultimate generated $32.5 million in cash from operations compared with $22.7 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Days sales outstanding were 66 days at June 30, 2013, representing a reduction of five days compared with days sales outstanding at December 31, 2012.
- During the six months ended June 30, 2013, we used $6.7 million to acquire 68,926 shares of our Common Stock to settle the employee tax withholding liability resulting from the vesting of our employees' restricted stock holdings.
- As of June 30, 2013, we had 946,165 shares available for repurchase in the future under our previously announced Stock Repurchase Plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV