Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Opportunities only exist for those who do the homework, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Wednesday. He said those investors who are just simply following the Federal Reserve have had a hard time making money in this market, but those with discipline have had a very good month.
Cramer said biotech remains a red-hot bull market, with Celgene (CELG) up 89% for the year and others, such as Trius Therapeutics (TSRX), getting a takeover bid. Shares of Trius are up 116% since Cramer first recommended it.
Executive Decision: Sally SmithIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Sally Smith, president and CEO of Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), the restaurant chain which just posted earnings that beat expectations by 9 cents on better-than-expected revenue despite speculation that chicken prices would hurt the company's sales. Smith said operating costs turned out to be the lowest in eight quarters and she's very pleased with the results. She said Wild Wings is very much looking forward to the upcoming football season because that's the busiest time of the year for her chain. She noted that fantasy football also keeps customers coming back week after week. One of the controversial points in the quarter was Wild Wings' decision to change portion sizes for their wings. Smith explained that with larger wings, customers may find a few less wings on their plate but the same amount of meat, while they'll get more wings with smaller sizes. Overall, Smith said, customers are liking the consistency of ordering essentially by weight rather than by the wing and it has had no impact on sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV