3 Banking Stocks Moving The Industry Upward
1. As of noon trading, U.S. Bancorp ( USB) is up $0.37 (1.0%) to $37.86 on average volume. Thus far, 4.3 million shares of U.S. Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $37.71-$37.97 after having opened the day at $37.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.49. U.S. Bancorp, a financial services holding company, provides a range of financial services in the United States. Its services include lending and depository services, cash management, capital market, and trust and investment management services. U.S. Bancorp has a market cap of $69.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 17.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate U.S. Bancorp a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates U.S. Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the banking industry could consider KBW Bank ETF ( KBE) while those bearish on the banking industry could consider ProShares Short KBW Regional Bankng ( KRS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts