U.S. Bank has donated a home in Ventura, Calif. to Freedom Alliance, an organization dedicated to supporting returning veterans, that will be given to a soldier and his family on Wednesday, July 31 at 11 a.m. PT. Employees from U.S. Bank and Freedom Alliance will present the keys to the new home at 6587 Crowley Avenue in Ventura.
The veteran receiving the home is Ross Adcock, who was an automated logistical specialist, serving in the United States Army from 2005 to 2009. While deployed to Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, Adcock was hit by an improvised explosive device that left stress fractures in his knees and back, post traumatic stress and traumatic brain injury. He is the recipient of the Army Commendation Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two Campaign Stars and several other awards and decorations.
Adcock grew up in California but currently lives in Fountain, Colo. with his fiancée, Laura, and her 6-year old daughter, Jaylynn. The family plans to move to their new home in August after Adcock finishes some business courses he is currently taking. He is eager to return to California to begin his post-military life.
It was through an event for wounded soldiers in Florida that he made a connection with Freedom Alliance, who told him about a home that may be available in Ventura. He completed an application and soon learned he would soon be returning to a home not far from where he lived when he enlisted.“It’s amazing,” Adcock said. “It’s exciting, and a little bit overwhelming at the same time. You never think that something of this capacity could ever happen to you. I’ve heard of other soldiers who had this happen and thought it was a great opportunity. Now it’s happening to me and – wow. It’s amazing.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV