LAS VEGAS, July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways has launched a new bag tagging system at Las Vegas McCarren International airport that allows customers traveling from Las Vegas to destinations in the UK and across the BA network to print and attach tags to their own bags at a self-service kiosk. British Airways is the first international carrier with TSA approval for self-service bag tags from kiosks for flights departing the US and the airline has chosen Las Vegas as the first airport in the US to conduct its trial.
The advanced self-help technology is designed to improve the speed and simplicity of traveling through the airport with the aim of giving customers more control over their journey. Customer service staff will be on hand to greet customers and offer assistance. Once the tags are printed and attached the customer simply leaves the luggage at the bag drop desk. The new process, combined with the option to check-in on line and print boarding passes at home or the office, will reduce potential congestion at the airport concourse during busy travel periods.
Doug Caines, British Airways' Vice President Customer Service and Operations Business Development, said: "We are delighted that we can offer our Las Vegas travelers this new technology and very pleased to be the first international airline with TSA approval for this new benefit to our customers. Many of our customers already check-in online and print their boarding pass at home and this new self-service feature can help make their travel experience even smoother. We look forward to adding new gateways over the next few months."Notes to Editor:
- British Airways customers can already print their own bag tags at London Gatwick and London City airports.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Americas Communications 212 716 0477
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV