Telling TheStreet's Debra Borchardt how he's trading Sprint in the wake of that report is Scott Redler, chief strategic officer at T3 Live.
Sprint reported a whopping loss of nearly $875 million, or 53 cents a share, on better-than-expected revenue of $8.87 billion dollars.
Redler admitted that when he first started trading Sprint, he did it because of the technical chart pattern, rather than the fundamental story. However, investors who are playing this name with sizeable positions should know what's going on with the fundamentals, too, he said.He pointed out that the chart shows support at $5.50, near the 200-day simple moving average. With the stock currently trading near $5.90, traders could use $5.50 as a stop-loss in order to limit risk. With the rejuvenated share price, he said the stock could continue higher to $6.40, but in order for it to make it back to more than $7, SoftBank, which recently acquired a majority stake in Sprint, will need to come back in with a lot of money. Redler concluded that there are some compelling entry points for traders, but that the price action can get boring when attempting to daytrade it back and forth, especially in a fast-moving market such as this one. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV