OSHKOSH, Wis., July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To introduce more opportunities for entrepreneurs to contribute to aerospace innovation, Sikorsky Innovations today announced it has launched its 4 th Entrepreneurial Challenge, a competition to accelerate companies and individuals with applications in the vertical flight market. Sikorsky Innovations is the technology development organization of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
As part of the Start-Up Aviation Day at EAA AirVenture, Sikorsky unveiled a new set of challenge questions, refreshed rules and rewards – all aimed at attracting entrepreneurial companies to address some of the toughest challenges facing the vertical flight community.
"The Sikorsky Entrepreneurial Challenge has been successful in expanding the contact and in exploring synergies between agile and innovative businesses and Sikorsky. There is value in expanding our reach to larger and more mature small companies as well as to business ventures already associated with Sikorsky," said Laurence Vigeant-Langlois, Director of Business Development for Sikorsky Innovations."As a leading aerospace OEM (original equipment manufacturer), Sikorsky has a flexible and dedicated partnership channel that is focused on transformational technologies, products and business processes. That continues to be the Entrepreneurial Challenge's main value proposition to small businesses," Vigeant-Langlois added. The modifications to the Entrepreneurial Challenge include:
- Qualified applicants are any small business between 1 and 100 employees; no annual revenue cap is now imposed.
- A portion of the Challenge Questions will be "evergreen," remaining constant throughout the next few iterations of the competition
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV