Nissan And Gov. Bryant Break Ground On Supplier Park Supporting Jobs And Manufacturing Growth
CANTON, Miss., July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nissan expanded its U.S. manufacturing footprint today with Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant joining Nissan employees to break ground on a new supplier park at the company's Canton, Miss. vehicle assembly plant.
The project will support more than 800 jobs, including an expected 400 newly created supplier jobs as well as 400 employees that Nissan has hired since June 1 in anticipation of the project.
Dan Bednarzyk, Nissan Vice President for Total Delivered Cost, and David Aldana, Nissan Vice President for Manufacturing, joined local officials from Madison County and the City of Canton to mark the start of construction."Today, we begin an exciting new chapter in Mississippi as we continue our localization and investment efforts in the United States," Bednarzyk said. "Today's groundbreaking supports our efforts to bring more Nissan cars and trucks to our plant in Mississippi and means more Mississippi jobs. Additionally, the supplier park will help make us more globally competitive at our Canton Mississippi plant." Current plans for the project call for construction of an integrated logistics center that will be located on the north end of Nissan's campus and is more than 1 million square feet in size. Additional infrastructure improvements will also be made to the current supplier logistics center building located at the south end of Nissan's campus. The supplier logistics center will serve as an immediate space for suppliers. The integrated logistics center will be used for multiple purposes supporting operations including inbound production parts, outbound returnable containers and supplier operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV