BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- A handful of REITs are setting up for big moves this August.
While most investors have been fixated on the stock market's climb in 2013, many market participants haven't noticed the roller coaster ride that real estate investment trusts (better known as REITs) have seen this year.
REITs started out the year as a favorite asset class, but things took a turn at the end of May as real estate-linked assets corrected much harder than stocks. As I write, the SPDR Dow Jones REIT ETF (RWR), for instance, is only up 6.8% year to date -- compare that with the 18% rally in the S&P 500.>>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy in August Despite that underperformance, as a group, REITs are showing far more technical diversity than any other sector -- and that means that there are trades to be made right now. That's why we're taking a technical look at the trading setups brewing in five REITstoday. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Dividend Stocks That Want to Pay You More So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV