Materion Brush Performance Alloys (Materion) has added a vertical continuous caster (VCC) to its Lorain, Ohio facility to meet growing demands for ToughMet, a unique copper-nickel-tin alloy that is used in the oil and gas, aerospace, heavy machinery and electronics markets. The new VCC, which started producing materials in July, will double Materion’s capacity for ToughMet and other high-performance alloys.
Materion commissioned its first VCC in 1997 and introduced the ToughMet product line in 1999. The alloy is sold in bulk, strip, rod/wire and finished machined component product forms.
With its unique combination of strength, lubricity, and corrosion and wear resistance under severe loading conditions, this copper-nickel-tin alloy has become one of the Company’s most successful materials across many different markets.
ToughMet shipments have grown at a compound rate greater than 20 percent per year since 2003 and growth is expected to continue at or near this pace for the next three years.Materion Brush Performance Alloys, headquartered in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, is a unit of Materion Brush Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN). Through its subsidiaries, Materion supplies worldwide markets with alloy products, beryllium products, electronic products, precious metal products, and engineered material systems. Around the world, the Company's engineered materials can be found in technically demanding end-use products within the telecommunications and computer, automotive electronics, appliance, industrial components, plastics tooling, optical media, oil and gas, aerospace and defense, and off-highway and mining equipment markets. Visit www.Materion.com for additional information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV