The government went after the robbers, but it also imposed a host of regulations on the bankers during that era, because otherwise people would not have trusted the banks with their money. We need people to trust banks with our money, because money that is unemployed, that isn't doing anything, might as well not exist.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The reaction to what JPMorgan Chase did in the commodities market has just started. For honest banks, the result won't be pretty.
At the time of publication, the author had no investments in companies mentioned in this article.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV