Following the successful launch of Groupon Reserve earlier this month, Groupon ( http://www.groupon.com) (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced the addition of the company’s premium channel to the Groupon mobile app. Starting today, iPhone users can use the Groupon mobile app to book tables at some of the best restaurants in their city at discounts of up to 40 percent.
Groupon's latest iPhone app update adds the high-end Groupon Reserve channel, providing consumers with immediate access to make, share and modify restaurant reservations (Photo: Business Wire)
Groupon’s latest iPhone app update provides consumers with immediate access to make, view, share and modify restaurant reservations in the 10 existing Groupon Reserve markets: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Future inventory on Reserve will include offerings from top beauty, product, travel and entertainment brands, as well as similar reservations capabilities for spas, salons and hotels.
"Since the launch of Reserve, we have seen a significant increase in bookings, and adding the capability to the Groupon mobile app will make it even easier for more customers to reserve a great dining experience at some of the best restaurants in their city," said Ben McKean, general manager of Groupon Reserve reservations. “Reserve on mobile gives our customers even more options for great things to do wherever they are.”
The Reserve reservations platform gives customers a discount off their entire check without requiring pre-payment or vouchers. In addition, it provides local businesses an important tool to drive traffic during slow periods by utilizing flexible pricing.Groupon plans to add Groupon Reserve functionality to Android devices and the iPad, as well as launch Reserve in more cities in the United States and key international markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV