MOSCOW, July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FICO (NYSE:FICO), a leading predictive analytics and decision management software company, and the National Bureau of Credit Histories (NBKI), Russia's leading credit bureau, today announced that Russian banks have dramatically increased their use of credit scores and credit bureau data in risk management. Six of the top 10 Russian lenders, and 15 of the top 30, now use FICO ® Scores based on NBKI data.
"Russian banks and microfinance institutions are demonstrating a responsible approach to risk management," said NBKI CEO Alexander Vikulin. "During the first half of 2013, credit grantors ordered 41 percent more credit reports than in the same period last year, and twice as many as in the first half of 2011."
"As the Russian retail lending market matures, Russian banks are adopting more advanced risk management systems," said Evgeni Shtemanetyan, who directs FICO's operations in Russia. "We are seeing increased interest across the banking market for consulting services and software solutions for application processing, debt collection, customer management and fraud protection.""Tinkoff Credit Systems started to use FICO scores during the crisis of 2008-2009," said Eugene Ivashkevich, the risk management director of Tinkoff Credit Systems Bank. "At the time, our retail client base was very small, and we had limited historical data on customer behavior. As a result, the effectiveness of our own internal rating models reduced during the crisis. "In early 2009, we tested the FICO Scores and found that they could significantly improve the quality and stability of our systems. We have used FICO Scores since then. Thanks to them, the bank preserved the high quality of its credit portfolio and implemented its credit plans even in difficult market conditions. The predictive power of FICO Scores is consistently high, across all banking channels and regions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV