NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stocks should have a volatile week given the mix of earnings reports, economic data and the FOMC decision. Today I am profiling nine companies that report earnings on Thursday and Friday, including three more Dow components.
Before I do, this mornings breaking news is that Apple (AAPL) ($447.79) has been downgraded to hold from buy according to www.ValuEngine.com. The cause of this downgrade is that the stock's upside over the next 12 months fell to 3.9% following Monday's rally of $6.80. Apple remains undervalued, but just by 2.2%, and is down 24.7% over the last 12 months. The 12 month forward price-to-earnings ratio remains reasonable at 10.9. The weekly chart profile is positive with the stock above its five-week modified moving average at $432.12, after holding its 200-week simple moving average at $386.52 at the end of June. Apple is trading between annual pivots at $421.05 and $510.64.
The stock market continues to trade under a ValuEngine valuation warning with 76.0% of all stocks overvalued, 43.5% are overvalued by 20% or more. 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued, 14 by double-digit percentages.
Among the nine stocks profiled today, seven are rated hold and two are rated buy. All are overvalued by 8.0% to 40.8% with gains of 6.5% to 95.5% over the last 12 months. None are expected to match these performances over the next 12 months. Seven are above their 200-day simple moving averages reflecting the risk of reversion to the mean.Here is my table of data for the nine stocks reporting results on Thursday and Friday.
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine. VE Rating: A "1-engine" rating is a strong sell, a "2-engine" rating is a sell, a "3-engine" rating is a hold, a "4-engine" rating is a buy and a "5-engine" rating is a strong buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV