- Activity levels in the Shale Solutions segment lagged the Company’s internal forecast, as customers increased activity at a slower pace than originally anticipated, pushing revenue into the second half of 2013 and 2014.
- Unusually harsh weather conditions in the Bakken Shale area, the Company’s largest region of operations, adversely impacted customer completion activity, as high levels of snow and rain hampered vehicle access to roads.
- Operational issues in the Eagle Ford Shale area, a key 2013 growth area for the Company, caused business operations to decline sequentially. Nuverra has taken measures to remedy the situation by bringing in a new management team with significant industry experience and restructuring operations in the region.
- Stronger than anticipated customer demand in the Marcellus/Utica Shale area led to an increased utilization of subcontractors, resulting in lower overall margins. To address the increased customer activity, Nuverra has been aggressively hiring drivers in the region to meet demand and reduce the use of subcontractors. The Company also recently completed an acquisition in the Utica Shale area to expand operations and build on its existing presence in a basin that is very strategic to the Company’s growth plans.
- In the Industrial Solutions segment, higher collection and rail logistics costs coupled with stagnant demand in asphalt markets compressed margins and resulted in lower than anticipated financial results.
Nuverra Environmental Solutions Announces Preliminary Second Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts