SAN JOSE, Calif., July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced the interoperability of its Interlaken intellectual property (IP) core on Stratix® V FPGAs with Cavium's OCTEON multicore processors. This accomplishment simplifies an OEM's device decision-making process by ensuring chip-to-chip connectivity upfront.
"Altera's flexible Interlaken IP enabled us to quickly show interoperability between our products," said John Bromhead, director, Solutions and Services at Cavium. "This solution gives our customers the added assurance that when they develop with Altera FPGAs and Cavium's OCTEON processors, the devices will work seamlessly together. The ease of interoperability also helps customers meet tight time-to-market windows."
The Altera® Interlaken IP core provides high throughput and performance when workloads are at their peak. Features include:
- More than 20 parameters and settings provide the needed flexibility for system performance tuning, scalability and interoperability
- Data rate and lane support up to 12.5G and x24 lanes
- Standard and customized Interlaken IP cores offered
- Fully integrated IP deliverable, includes MAC, PCS, and PMA layers
- Interlaken Protocol Definition v1.2 compliant
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts