McKINNEY, Texas, July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independent Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:IBTX), the holding company for Independent Bank, today announced net income of $5.9 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 compared to pro forma after tax net income of $3.8 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 and $2.6 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. Prior to April 1, 2013 and the initial public offering, the Company was an S corporation and did not incur federal income tax expense. As a result, pro forma adjustments have been provided for comparability.
Independent Bank Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer David R. Brooks said, "We are very pleased with our results for the second quarter. Loans and deposits have continued to grow and earnings have remained strong. We continue to execute on our plan in a very competitive environment."
- On a core pre-tax, pre-provision earnings basis, second quarter 2013 net income was $7.2 million compared to $6.5 million for first quarter 2013 and compared to $5.3 million for second quarter 2012.
- Loans held for investment grew at an annual rate of 27.2% in the second quarter and 21.0% for the first six months of 2013.
- Continued strong asset quality, as reflected by nonperforming assets to total assets ratio of 1.27%, a nonperforming loans to total loans ratio of 0.43%, and an annualized net charge-offs to average loans ratio of 0.08% at June 30, 2013.
- On a core basis, net interest income was $18.0 million for the second quarter 2013 compared to $17.1 million for the first quarter 2013 and $14.3 million for the second quarter 2012.
- The efficiency ratio improved to 65.0% compared to 67.5% for first quarter 2013 and 72.8% for second quarter 2012.
- On July 19, 2013, the Company announced the acquisition of Collin Bank, a commercial bank located on the Dallas North Tollway in Collin County with total assets of $204.1 million as of March 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV