-- Commercial Launch of JUXTAPID™ (lomitapide) Capsules Continues to Demonstrate Growth -- 2013 Revenue Guidance Revised Upward
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEGR), a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative, life-altering therapies for patients with debilitating, often fatal, rare diseases, announced its financial results and business highlights for the second-quarter and first six-months of 2013.
- Aegerion achieved $6.5 million in net product sales in the second quarter and $7.7 million in the first half of 2013.
- The Company has 463 U.S. commercial and global named patient prescriptions for JUXTAPID written, and 215 patients are currently on JUXTAPID therapy.
- Approximately six months into the U.S. commercial launch of JUXTAPID, the company has experienced a patient dropout rate of less than 10 percent; and compliance with therapy has been in the range of 80 to 90 percent, factoring in all reasons for patient non-compliance including gastrointestinal tolerability and LFT elevations.
- In May, the company announced that the European Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion, with a unanimous vote, recommending a marketing authorization for LOJUXTA™ (lomitapide) hard capsules. The company expects the European Commission to ratify the positive opinion, and grant formal marketing approval, in August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV