Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office supplies and services, today announced results for the fiscal quarter ended June 29, 2013.
SECOND QUARTER RESULTS 1
Total Company sales for the second quarter of 2013 were $2.4 billion, down 4% compared to the second quarter of 2012 in both U.S. dollars and in constant currency. The shift in the timing of the Easter holiday had a small positive impact on sales that was offset by country exits in the International Division in late 2012 and in first quarter 2013.
The Company reported a net loss, after preferred stock dividends, of $64 million or $0.23 per share in the second quarter of 2013, compared to the same net loss, after preferred stock dividends, of $64 million or $0.23 per share in the second quarter of 2012.
- Second quarter 2013 results included $30 million of pre-tax charges, comprised primarily of merger and certain shareholder-related expenses, restructuring activities, and $4 million related to non-cash store asset impairment charges in the North American Retail Division. Excluding these charges, the net loss, after preferred stock dividends, would have been $28 million or $0.10 per share.
- The prior year results included $33 million of pre-tax charges, including $24 million in non-cash store asset impairment charges and $9 million in restructuring costs. Additionally, there was a $16 million income tax credit in the quarter. Excluding the charges and the tax credit, the second quarter 2012 net loss, after preferred stock dividends, would have been $40 million or $0.14 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV