- Second quarter 2013 results included $30 million of pre-tax charges, comprised primarily of merger and certain shareholder-related expenses, restructuring activities, and $4 million related to non-cash store asset impairment charges in the North American Retail Division. Excluding these charges, the net loss, after preferred stock dividends, would have been $28 million or $0.10 per share.
- The prior year results included $33 million of pre-tax charges, including $24 million in non-cash store asset impairment charges and $9 million in restructuring costs. Additionally, there was a $16 million income tax credit in the quarter. Excluding the charges and the tax credit, the second quarter 2012 net loss, after preferred stock dividends, would have been $40 million or $0.14 per share.
Office Depot Announces Second Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.