(Nasdaq: EQIX), the global
company, today announced that cloud-based enterprise video platform Kontiki has expanded its use of
™ to offer robust, reliable, low latency data delivery to its expanding European customer base.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Expanding to Equinix LD5 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®), one of London’s leading data center campuses, will bring Kontiki closer to its European customers – enhancing performance, speed of delivery and efficiency to provide video services to enterprises.
- This deal provides Kontiki with access to a global value-chain of more than 4,000 potential partners, customers and suppliers of digital services through Equinix Marketplace, providing the company with significant opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Operating in Equinix’s network-neutral data center, Kontiki is also able to take advantage of multiple network providers to achieve optimal performance for customers. Kontiki is the only enterprise video solution that uses existing networks efficiently to enable viewing of live videos and VoD simultaneously by multiple employees, on a global basis, without stalls or crashes.
- Kontiki has a longstanding and successful relationship with Equinix, and currently operates three Points of Presence (PoP) in the company’s Silicon Valley IBX data centers, SV1, SV3 and SV5.
- Craig Gordon , VP Worldwide Sales at Kontiki: “Kontiki is a global company with ambitions to significantly expand its presence in Europe. Equinix is a perfect strategic match for this expansion. Setting up in a UK data center was vital to the commitment to supporting our growing European customer base with a data management system located in the EU. Expanding our use of Platform Equinix will significantly reduce latency and enhance performance for these customers.”
- Dick Theunissen , CMO, Equinix EMEA: “As well as the considerable business benefits around speed and efficiency, Equinix data centers are also a great revenue opportunity. This relationship will enable Kontiki to benefit from Equinix Marketplace, a tool designed to give companies better visibility on who else is located within Equinix facilities – enabling them to connect with each other, and do business. We share a long track record of collaboration with Kontiki and look forward to extending this relationship across Europe.”
Powered by innovative technology, Kontiki pioneered the enterprise video platform and enterprise content delivery network markets, providing superior cloud-based content delivery across the enterprise. Kontiki’s video solutions enable consumer-grade video engagement with enterprise-grade control over video delivery for the world’s largest companies, including American Airlines, Wells Fargo, Nationwide and Nestle, serving nearly 1.5 million users worldwide. Kontiki offers organizations the unique ability to globally deliver video on demand or live broadcasts to 100% of their employees, regardless of location, and to the full range of today’s business devices, including smart phones and tablets, without congesting networks or compromising video quality.