Men's Shirts Specialist Buttons Up Awards At The Home Of The Special One
LONDON, July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The hallowed ground of Chelsea FC's Stamford Bridge, now the home of the 'special one' Jose Mourinho, witnessed a new triumph in May as men's shirts specialist Charles Tyrwhitt picked up the top award of the 2013 ECMOD Direct Commerce Awards. The judges were impressed by the amount of innovation and customer focus in the business which remains centred on men's shirts (which is why it is known in some circles as Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts (or plain CT Shirts) but also covers premium quality suits, ties, shoes and casual wear as well.
Adding even more lustre to a glittering evening, compere Dermot Murnaghan of Sky News also handed Charles Tyrwhitt founder Nick Wheeler a highly prized lifetime achievement award, jointly won with his wife Chrissie Rucker, owner of the luxury home style and fashion success story that is The White Company. In the words of the judges, "What shines through is that they both share a real passion for their businesses."
Nick's acceptance speech dwelled on the route to success and some unexpected confessions about past mistakes which had the audience in stitches (of laughter, not necessarily of Charles Tyrwhitt clothing). One happy coincidence which emerged on the evening was that Nick originally started selling shirts for men in modest premises in Chelsea, on the very site which has been redeveloped for Chelsea's shiny new ground. This was a triumphant homecoming.Wrapping up, Nick gave some straightforward advice to the ECMOD awards audience: "Have a vision and stick to it. Don't have to-do lists, have not-to-do lists. So many businesses get distracted; you need to focus. Decide where you want to be in three years' time; don't do anything else but focus on that."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV