The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) awarded CSC single award blanket purchase agreement (BPA) to support the agency’s enterprise network engineering services which will include components such as cybersecurity, cloud and big data. The contract, signed in the first quarter of CSC’s fiscal year 2014, has a one-year base period and four one-year options, with an estimated ceiling value of $85 million.
CBP is working to integrate its agency networks under one enterprise infrastructure in order to modernize, create efficiencies and improve service. CSC will engineer the solutions that will lead CBP toward its goal of a more efficient and effective network infrastructure by applying cybersecurity capabilities to optimize CBP’s network.
The contract will help ensure that CBP continues to engineer and update network solutions in compliance with agency, department and federal mandates.
“It’s critical for our government clients to modernize and integrate their systems to save money and resources. CSC’s domain knowledge with DHS’s infrastructure and cloud environment will help us to quickly provide value through this contract,” said Patrick Schambach, vice president and general manager of CSC’s North American Public Sector Homeland Security and Law Enforcement Group. “In addition, this contract provides the perfect platform to support CSC's strategy to drive IT efficiencies and cost savings through next-generation infrastructure strategies and solutions for our government clients.”About CSC For more information, please visit CSC’s company profile. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for CSC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV