Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) today reported second quarter net sales of $1.2 billion, reflecting an increase of 18 percent compared to the same time period in 2012, on volume point growth of 14 percent. Adjusted 1 net income for the quarter of $150.7 million, or $1.41 per diluted share, compares to the second quarter 2012 net income of $132.0 million and EPS of $1.09, respectively. On an as reported basis, second quarter 2013 EPS of $1.34 increased 23 percent compared to the $1.09 reported in the comparable quarter last year.
“We reported our fifteenth quarter in a row of double digit top-line growth, reflecting the success that our products and distribution model are having in markets around the world helping to mitigate the adverse effects of the obesity epidemic. The second quarter record results for volume point and net sales were driven by the ongoing engagement of our distributors and consumer demand for our weight loss and nutrition products worldwide,” said Michael O. Johnson, Herbalife’s chairman and CEO.
For the quarter ended June 30, 2013 the company generated cash flow from operations of $213.8 million, an increase of 56 percent compared to 2012; paid dividends of $30.9 million and invested $31.3 million in capital expenditures.
Second Quarter 2013 Key Metrics 2,3Regional Volume Point and Average Active Sales Leader Metrics
|Volume Points (Mil)||Average Active Sales Leaders|
|Region||2Q'13||Yr/Yr % Chg||2Q'13||Yr/Yr % Chg|
|South & Central America||222.6||33||%||54,614||30||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV