Access National Bank announced today that John P. Salop has been appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Credit Officer. Mr. Salop has been an active commercial banker and credit professional in the Washington Metro area for over 38 years. Most recently, he was the Senior Credit Officer for BB&T’s Northern Virginia Region. Prior to their affiliation with BB&T in 2003, he served as Chief Credit Officer of First Virginia Banks, Inc. “We are thrilled John chose to join our team. His extensive business and credit experience will further enhance our reputation as the leading bank resource for local businesses,” said Michael Clarke, President and CEO.
John P. Salop (Photo: Access National Bank)
John is active in community development and serves as a board member for Virginia Community Development Corporation (VCDC), a tax credit fund manager in the development of 117 properties throughout Virginia. VCDC provides technical assistance and equity investments to primarily local sponsors to support affordable housing and economic development in Virginia. In addition, John serves as chair and board member for Virginia Community Development’s affiliated Certified Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) which provides funding to nonprofit housing organizations in support of VCDC’s mission.
John is a graduate of William and Mary and The Banking School of the South at Louisiana State University. John and his spouse reside in Fairfax.
Access National Bank is an independent, nationally chartered bank based in Reston, Virginia. The business bank serves emerging businesses with revenue of up to $100 million and associated professionals in the greater DC Metro area. Access National Bank is subsidiary of Access National Corporation, traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “ANCX”. John Salop can be reached at
or by calling (703) 871-2119.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV