FORT WORTH, Texas, July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] announced that Rob Weiss has been selected executive vice president and general manager of Aeronautics Advanced Development Programs (ADP), also known as the Skunk Works ®.
"Our business environment is changing, and this leadership realignment is an important example of how we are taking action to better position ADP and Aeronautics to support our customers and to drive organic growth," said Orlando Carvalho, Lockheed Martin executive vice president of Aeronautics.
"It is Rob's most recent experience leading Advanced Strike and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance programs for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics that demonstrated his ability to run a complex organization focused on capturing and executing a set of major emerging opportunities and programs. He has proven that he has the right background and experience to lead ADP into the future," said Carvalho.Previously, Weiss served as executive vice president and general manager of Aeronautics Operations, which included responsibility for Technical Operations, Production Operations, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems & Technology and Quality. Prior to that position, he served as Aeronautics executive vice president for Global Sustainment, where he was responsible for the $3 billion logistics, maintenance and aircraft modernization lines of business. He also served for several years as the vice president of Business Development. As a part of the new structure, the following leaders will take on new roles, reporting directly to Weiss:
- Dr. Al Romig is appointed vice president, ADP Engineering and Advanced Systems, responsible for leading technical innovation and engineering.
- John Larson is appointed vice president, ADP Operations and Production Programs, responsible for efficient ADP operations across all sites and production program performance.
- Ron Bessire is appointed vice president, Program and Technology Integration, responsible for planning and executing the Enterprise roadmaps.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV