NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- If you thought last week was busy, wait for this week to really get underway. Along with 25% of the S&P 500 reporting earnings, a slew of economic data will certainly boost the volatility in the markets, according to TheStreet's Lindsey Bell, Andrew Krill and Brittany Umar.
Starting things off on Monday after the close is Denny's (DENN) and Caesars Entertainment (CZR). Krill said that 69% of companies have beaten EPS estimates this quarter, but revenue growth continues to be anemic.
The consumer confidence reading, which has been trending higher the past three months, will also be released on Tuesday for the month of July. Hanesbrands (HBI) will report earnings after the close.MasterCard (MA) and AllianceBernstein (AB) report earnings on Wednesday morning. Second-quarter GDP data are set to be released at 8:30 a.m. EDT, with estimates only looking for 1% growth. Chicago PMI will be released at 9:45 a.m. EDT and the FOMC statement will be released at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Proctor & Gamble (PG) will report earnings on Thursday morning, along with ConocoPhillips (COP) and Exxon Mobil (XOM). Friday will remain active, with the nonfarm payrolls report being released. Economist are looking for 185,000 jobs to be added to economy for the month of July, with unemployment ticking slightly lower to 7.5%. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV